Is it better to get married in the U.S or your home country?

Are you planning to get married soon and do not know in which country to do it yet? Is it more beneficial for you to get married in your home country or the United States? 

If you are looking for answers, at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we can answer several of your concerns. 

Can I get married in my country? 

Yes, you can, if it is possible. But we still recommend you evaluate your situation before making decisions. 

If you have not started the immigration processes yet and you are still with your fiance outside the United States, you would have no problem getting married right there and then completing the other procedures as a married couple. 

However, if you are in the United States, it is best if you do not leave the country to get married. 

Why might it not be convenient? 

As mentioned in the previous situation, it all depends on the case you and your partner find themselves. 

For example, if you arrived in the country and exceeded your time limit on your stay or entered without your documents, leaving the United States would be counterproductive for the case. 

On the other hand, if you marry a U.S citizen in the territory, your partner could petition for spouses. 

That would favor your process in front of the immigration authorities. 

In any case, it is advisable to consult directly with an immigration attorney who can advise you more accurately on the country’s laws. 

Also read: got married and divorced: How does it affect my Green Card? 

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process. 

Request a consultation or call us, (509) 498-3485.