Can I ask my fiancé if I am a citizen but grew up outside the USA?

visa para prometidos

The visa application for fiancés by American citizens is one of the most common processes in immigration. And like any process, it has its particular requirements.

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we tell you what those requirements are so that you can make that request.

If I am a citizen but grew up in another country, can I ask my fiancé?

The answer to this question is yes. If you have American citizenship, you could ask your partner, even if you live in another country, because you still have your rights as a citizen.

However, you should know that to apply for the Fiancé Visa you must have an address within the United States.

Also, you must verify and show that you earn enough money to take care of your obligations and at the same time be a sponsor of your partner until they obtain citizenship.

If you do not have all the resources, you could also have the support of a co-sponsor.

It is because, during the Fiancé Visa application process, you and your partner will need to show that you will not become a public charge for the United States.

And how do I prove that I have sufficient income?

The easiest way to check your income is through the tax pay sheets, where you declare what you earn each year.

Therefore, it is fundamental that you are updated with your obligations and pay your taxes on the corresponding dates.

Remember that if you are a US citizen, you must declare and pay taxes, even if you live in another country.

Read also: For what reasons can a Fiancé Visa be denied?

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process.

Request a consultation here or call us, (509) 498-3485.