How is physical presence demonstrated for 245i?

Do you want to modify your immigration status through law 245i and you do not know how to prove your physical presence in the country? 

Keep calm! At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will tell you what you can do in those cases. 

On what date were you in the country? 

The Lawful Immigrant Families Equity Act (LIFE) was created to protect those families whose dream has been to settle permanently in the United States. 

From that law, section 245i was created to allow certain people to apply for permanent residence without having to leave the country. 

For this, it is necessary to show that they were present before April 20, 2001. 

The authorities will ask for documents that confirm your stay in the country on December 20, 2000. 

Also read: Who can adjust their status through the 245(i) act?

What do you need? 

You will need to have documents on hand that show you were in the territory by that time. You could use photographs, proof of family events, and proof of payment that can be used to demonstrate the date you were. 

 You can also use the receipt record, doctor visits, and vaccination record, among other elements. 

If you do not have on hand any of those things to indicate the requested date, you can use the documents you have dates December 20, 2000, just if they that can be related to your stay in the country at that time. 

For more information, we recommend seeking the legal advice of an immigration attorney. 

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process. 

Request a consultation or call us, (509) 498-3485.