How can I fix my status if I came to work in 1998 and have never left the USA?

arreglar estatus migratorio

We know that sometimes we may have doubts about possibilities to fix our immigration status according to the particular conditions of our case.

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we tell you a way you could fix if you arrived in the country before 2001 and meet some conditions.

How can I fix my status if I came to work in 1998?

If you came to the United States before 2001 and have never left the country, you may be able to fix your status and obtain your Green Card through 245i.

Before continuing, you should know that to receive this benefit, it is not enough just to have entered the country some time ago, but you must also meet the following requirements:

  • To have a work or family petition that met the approval requirements at the time of submission.
  • The petition will be valid if it was filed between January 14, 1998, and April 30, 2001.
  • You must prove that you were physically in the United States by or before December 21, 2000.

To demonstrate physical presence in the country, you can use receipts, medical records, photographs, and other documents issued on the dates indicated and confirming that you were inside the country.

What is Law 245i?

This law gives those who meet the requirements the benefit of adjusting their status to obtain residence without leaving the country.

It is possible to apply for people who entered the United States without documentation or who, on the contrary, entered with a visa but stayed longer than the stipulated time.

Read also: How is physical presence demonstrated for 245i?

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process.

Request a consultation here or call us, (509) 498-3485.