My residency process is denied. What can I do?

residencia negada

The residency process is delayed, which is frustrating when the result is not fruitful. However, we invite you to remain calm: just because a residency process is denied, it does not mean that it is the end of the road. 

There are different alternatives to change that result if the case arises. 

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will tell you what they are: 

  1. Appeal 

If a residency petition is denied by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), the applicant still has the option of appealing to have his case reviewed again by a higher authority. 

Generally, the instructions on how to carry out the appeal are in the USCIS notice, so it is advisable to study it carefully because they contain deadlines that must be strictly adhered to. 

  1. Motion to reopen the case 

If you do not want to appeal, you can also apply to the Reopen Motion or the Motion to reconsider the ruling. 

This must be submitted with the office that made the initial decision of your case, the authorities reassess the situation, considering some additional factors. 

  1. If residency is denied, can you be deported? 

In some cases, it is possible. But it will depend on the situation you are in. 

If you have questions about your case, you should you go to an immigration lawyer before starting any process. 

Also read: How to obtain the Green Card for humanitarian reasons? 

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process. 

Request a consultation or call us, (509) 498-3485