If my parents were arrested, can I request them as a citizen?

padres detenidos inmigración

If your parents were detained by immigration authorities when entering the United States, the first thing we recommend you is to remain calm.

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will tell you what you need to know for these cases.

1- That your parents do not give testimony without the presence of a lawyer

If the case of an arrest arises, they have the right to ask for a lawyer and to remain silent until the lawyer arrives.

Indeed, immigrants who have been detained by the authorities have certain rights and it is important to enforce them.

Before agreeing to leave the country voluntarily or to sign any paper, you should consult with an immigration attorney about the best way to proceed, depending on your situation.

Also, be sure to write down the name and phone number of the deportation prosecutor assigned to the case.

2- If you are a citizen, what can you do?

Having a direct relative who is a citizen can generally help the petition process.

In the case of an arrest by the immigration authorities, the procedure may be a bit more complex, but it is not impossible to get a council.

In any case, it would be good to find out if it may be feasible for your situation to ask for an immigration pardon.

Also read: What types of immigration waivers are there?

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process.

Request a consultation or call us, (509) 498-3485.