serving Ephrata, WA
We are a law firm of immigrants helping immigrants.
How can we help you?
Green Card Services Ephrata, Washington
Foreigners with immigrant visas may eventually be eligible for Green Cards in Washington, which makes them legal permanent residents (LPR) of the U.S. Foreigners who are abuse victims in the U.S. may also be able to secure green cards through the Violence Against Woman Act (VAWA).
The process for applying for a green card while the applicant is outside the U.S. is called consular processing. If the foreigner is in the U.S., applying for a green card is called “adjustment of status.”
Our immigration attorneys represent clients seeking various types of residency in the United States in the Eastern Washington area. The first step for coming to America is to secure a visa, which allows the visa-holder to enter the country. Visas are divided into two types: immigrant visas, for foreigners seeking to stay in the U.S. permanently, and non-immigrant visas, for foreigners seeking to stay in the U.S. temporarily or until they get an immigrant visa.
Immigrant visas Ephrata, Washington
In order to get an immigrant visa, foreigners must secure a sponsor that has petitioned and been approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the National Visa Center. Qualifying sponsors are relatives who are U.S. citizens or green card-holders.
- Spousal visa: For non-citizens with a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident husband or wife. The U.S. makes no distinction between opposite-sex and same-sex marriage visas.
Nonimmigrant Visas Ephrata, Washington
Similar to immigrant visas, the non-immigrant application process usually requires petitioning the USCIS, having an interview, and providing evidence of the foreigner’s purpose in traveling to the U.S. Non-immigrant visas usually have a maximum duration of stay.
- Fiancé (K-1) visa: Available to non-citizens engaged to U.S. citizens.
- B-2 visa: Available to tourists and vacationers.
School & Training
- Academic student (F-1) visa: Available to non-citizens to study at a U.S. scholastic institution.
- U visa: Available to victims of domestic violence, rape, trafficking, or other abuse.
Citizenship Services Ephrata, Washington
Legal permanent residents are typically eligible to naturalize to become U.S. citizens within three-to-five years of obtaining green cards. LPRs need to take naturalization tests and an oath to become a citizen.
Foreign-born children can obtain U.S. citizenship through their U.S citizen parents, and some foreigners may be able to maintain citizenship in their home country as well as the U.S. through dual citizenship.
Stopping Removal and other Immigration services Ephrata, Washington
ICE officials have prosecutorial discretion over which non-citizens to arrest. Our immigration lawyers represent clients in cancellation of removal proceedings in Washington. In some cases, clients may choose voluntary departure from the U.S. over the risk of getting deported.
Other immigration services our attorneys provide include helping people remain in the U.S. through deferred action (DACA) and the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA).
SERVING THE SOUTH CENTRAL & EAST CENTRAL WASHINGTON AREA
Quiroga Law Office, PLLC - Kennewick
Phone: (509) 570-1451
Questions? Or need to make an appointment? Give us a call or fill out our contact form on this website. We strive to answer all inquiries within 24 hours on business days.
- 1 Immigration Attorneys
serving Ephrata, WA
- 1.1 Green Card Services Ephrata, Washington
- 1.2 Visa Services Ephrata, Washington
- 1.3 Citizenship Services Ephrata, Washington
- 1.4 Stopping Removal and other Immigration services Ephrata, Washington
- 1.5 Client Reviews
- 1.5.1 SERVING THE SOUTH CENTRAL & EAST CENTRAL WASHINGTON AREA
- 1.5.2 7101 W. Hood Place, Suite B-201 Kennewick, WA 99336