What should be avoided when applying for parental residence?

residencia para los padres

The residence for parents is one of the most requested by people who contact us. For this reason, it also raises many questions.

However, it is important that those who are making the request keep in mind what to do and what to avoid.

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will share what you need to know about it.

1- Under what circumstances is the request NOT considered?

When starting the process, we recommend that you keep the following points in mind.

  • If you are a resident, you cannot apply. This can only be done by citizens.
  • Do not leave the organization of papers until the last minute. If any of these are missing at the time of making the request, it would be completely annulled.
  • The request will not be considered if some of your documents are not translated. Anything you have in Spanish, make sure you have a translated English version on hand. However, ask a certified translator to do the procedure for you.
  • Do not lie or alter the information you give to the authorities. They find out everything about you beforehand.
  • Don’t send a half-filled form. These must be completed in full

2- What is advisable to do if you have any other questions?

For more information, we recommend that you seek the advice of an immigration attorney who can study your case in greater detail.

Also read: If I am a US citizen, can I petition my adoptive parents?

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process.

Request a consultation here or call us, (509) 498-3485.