To ask my parents, they need to have a tourist visa?

requisitos petición a padres

One of the most frequent questions we receive is the request to parents on behalf of their children. Because of that, we constantly receive numerous questions related to the subject.

What requirements must they follow? Does the father need a tourist visa? Is there an age limit?

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will respond to your concerns.

1- Do my parents have to have a tourist visa to be beneficiaries of a parent petition?

If you want to ask for one of your parents or both, they don’t need a tourist visa.

Having it could be more favorable for your cases because it would show the immigration authorities that they entered legally. They may take that as a symbol of respect for the country and its laws.

However, if they do not have a tourist visa, it is possible to ask for them, although they must first request a pardon and comply with the demands that this implies. Therefore, the process could take a little longer.

In those cases, we recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney first so that they can better study your situation and thus provide you with a more personalized verdict.

2- What requirements do I need to ask my parents?

To apply, the immigration authorities require compliance with various requirements. Among those are:

  • That the petitioner is of legal age (21 years).
  • Be a U.S citizen.
  • Show that she has the economic resources to support them in the country.

Also read: If I am a US citizen, can I petition my adoptive parents?

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process.

Request a consultation here or call us, (509) 498-3485.