How can the parent petition process be started?

If you want to make the parent petition process, you should know that it can only be done if the petitioner is a U.S citizen. 

It is also necessary that the petitioner is at least 21 years old. 

At Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will share what points you need to know when starting the process. 

1- In what cases can the request be made? 

In addition to being a citizen, you must verify that your parents meet the eligibility criteria that they request, depending on their situation. 

Therefore, you should consider your petition eligible only if: 

  • The biological parents live outside the United States.
  • The biological parents are in the United States but without documents.
  • If you want todo the petition for your adoptive parent. 
  • If you want to do the petition for the stepfather. 

If you served in the Military Forces or the National Guard of the United States, you could adjust your parent’s status through parole in place. 

2- What forms should you fill out? 

Be sure to contact the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for information about the forms you need to bring, costs, and how you can schedule your appointment. 

Sometimes the process can take time, so be patient. 

A well-done adjustment of status takes time, and there are many things that the authorities will need to assess before rendering the verdict. 

3- Consult with an immigration attorney 

In any case, it is recommended that you consult with an immigration attorney from the beginning. 

After all, he is a more experienced person in immigration law, who can offer you a more accurate and up-to-date guide according to your needs. 

Also read: Frequently Asked Questions about Family Petitions 

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process. 

Request a consultation or call us, (509) 498-3485.