The Quiroga Law Office is actively seeking a dedicated, experienced, immigration attorney for our office. Our mission is to provide transformative legal services to achieve and secure a thriving future for our clients. This a law firm run by immigrants to serve immigrants. The ideal candidate must be committed to advocating for client’s rights and have a strong desire to help change people’s lives. At the Quiroga Law Office, we care for our employees and are committed to personal and professional development. This is not just a job, but a journey that will have a significant impact on all aspects of your life.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Performs quality legal work with very limited review, oversees entire matter files from case initiation, case strategy/planning, including regular status conferences with clients throughout the process until successful completion of the case;
- Meets with clients after they have hired the firm to determine case strategy based on their goals and the law;
- Assesses eligibility for relief from removal proceedings, and represents detained and non-detained clients in removal proceedings in Immigration Court;
- Represents clients at USCIS interviews; prepares case strategy and clients/witnesses for court/USCIS testimony; oversight of court hearings and USCIS interviews;
- Drafts, reviews and files appropriate court pleadings including legal motions, petitions and briefs; prepares appropriate immigration applications;
- Participates in trainings and works closely with staff to draft and implement program protocols, work-flow processes and case related policies and procedures;
- Responsible for legal operations consistent with the firm’s mission and principles while playing a key role in managing client relationships, oversees activities and production of the legal team while also working closely with the administrative team;
- Communicates with third parties, courts, and opposing counsel, delegating to Legal Team when appropriate;
- Participates in daily meetings with assigned support staff to collaborate on case strategy and determine case statuses; reports case statuses on a monthly basis to Firm Owner;
- Provides excellent customer service while building client rapport and trust;
- This is a full-time position.
- Juris Doctorate Degree of an accredited law school, admitted to practice law in the United States and in good standing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment often under tight deadlines.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills of the highest caliber; as well as excellent writing, research and analytical skills are required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred.
- Two years plus of immigration law experience preferred.
This position will provide:
- Competitive salary based on experience plus bonus potential.
- Paid bar dues.
- Health insurance plan incentive.
- Opportunity to work with firm leadership that values a positive environment, personal and professional growth, work-life balance, and team culture.
- As a condition of employment applicants may be required to successfully pass a background check, including education verification, licensure verification and criminal history.
Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to Employment@QuirogaLawOffice.com