Do you want to ask your immediate relatives?

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recognizes only certain people as immediate family members. 

If you are a US citizen, you can make a petition for one of those relatives and help them start their process to request a Green Card. 

If you want to know more details about it, at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we will give you the answers. 

1- Who are my immediate relatives? 

Your immediate family members are those closest to your first-degree family line. Among these are: 

  • children, whether married or single.
  • Parents.
  • Siblings.
  • Spouse.
  • Children of the spouse.
  • Fiancé.
  • Children of the fiancé.

2- How to proceed with the family petition? 

At the time of making the family member petition and demonstrating that their relationship is eligible, the person is given awaiting turn with other immigrants from the same country who are planning to apply. 

The beneficiary must take care not to have a criminal record and to comply with all the requirements requested by the immigration offices. 

If you have any doubts, we recommend you seek the advice of an immigration attorney so he can offer you a better guide in this regard. 

Also read: Your Initial Petition was approved: here are the steps to take 

3- How long should the family member wait to immigrate? 

Truth be told. There is no definite waiting time. 

It depends on the rigor that is carried out on the part of the petitioner and the beneficiary to have all the papers up to date, in order, and proceed to make the request correctly. 

We recommend you to be patient. Although the process may take time, if things are handled the right way, you could receive good results. 

Remember that at Quiroga Law Office, PLLC, we are willing to help you. Contact us. Our team of lawyers will take care of your case and will be with you throughout the process.  

Request a consultation or call us, (509) 498-3485.